Should You Add Recessed Lighting To Your Rooms?
Tired of lamps placed all over your home? Want a more natural lighting source that provides full coverage throughout your home? Consider recessed lighting.
Recessed lighting is a type of lighting setup where the lights are embedded in the ceiling. They are also known as can lights, as the bulb is inside a can which is housed in the ceiling. Recessed lighting can be an aesthetic and efficient form of lighting, but like anything has its advantages and disadvantages.
In general, recessed lighting creates a clean, minimalist look and feel. It can be a great addition to the design of a room, but ultimately it comes down to personal taste.
Other advantages include:
- They are almost invisible, blending in with your decor
- Save on space as they are tucked into your ceiling
- Minimalist look and feel
- No external hardware to match
- No color to select or grow tired of
- Clean, evenly distributed light source
- Adjustable brightness
- They can be more expensive than other lights, especially to have an electrician install
- Requires cutting and sizing holes in the ceiling
- Difficult to move
Whether you are building or remodeling, or simply want to improve the lighting in an existing room, recessed lighting may be the perfect choice for you. We understand that making this decision can be difficult, and we are happy to help answer any questions you might have about installing and using this light source. Give us a call today.