Heat Pump Repair in Atlanta
A warm home is a comfortable refuge from cold Atlanta winters. Whatever HVAC system you use accounts for the largest outlay of your energy dollars, so it’s imperative to schedule regular maintenance visits to keep your heat pump running smoothly.
R.S. Andrews has been leading the way in installing and repairing heat pumps in the Atlanta area. For over 50 years, we’ve delivered the quality customer service that has earned us countless industry awards, and more importantly, earned your trust to get the job done right.
For heat pump repairs in the Atlanta area, contact us now!
Why You Might Need Heat Pump Repairs
Heat pumps are in demand for their energy efficiency, but sometimes even a newer unit could face several common problems. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 31% of your annual electricity consumption is used for heating and cooling systems—more than for every other home appliance combined. With that amount of importance on your bottom line, you should consider replacing your heating pump if it’s over 15 years old. If that’s not feasible, have your system inspected twice a year for problems. These might include:
- Heat Pump Constantly Runs – If the outside temperature is in the 30s, but your unit is constantly running, it may be leaking coolant or have a frozen compressor.
- Heat Pump Won’t Turn On – This could indicate a problem with the thermostat rather than the unit itself, so make sure your electric panel is supplying power to the unit. A breaker may need to be reset.
- Frayed Wiring – Check to see if there are any frayed or damaged wires around your heat pump unit. If there are, call for professional service immediately.
- Not Enough Heat or Cool Air Production – Heat pumps work by transferring heat from one place to another. If your ductwork is blocked, your rooms won’t get enough heat. Dusty air filters and incorrect thermostat settings can also contribute to this problem.
- Low Refrigerant Levels – Low refrigerant flow reduces heat production. If you suspect your unit is lacking adequate refrigerant, call a licensed professional trained in the EPA’s safe use and handling guidelines for working with refrigerant.
- Loud Noises – Grinding and squealing noises may indicate that motor bearings are breaking down. Call a professional immediately after noticing strange noises from your heat pump since this save you money in more costly repairs or replacement down the road.
24-Hour Emergency Heat Pump Repair
If you wake up to a freezing cold house in the middle of an Atlanta winter night or can’t stand another hot summer day with no air conditioning, don’t worry. R.S. Andrews has emergency experts on call day and night to repair your heat pump as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Contact R.S. Andrews for Heat Pump Repair
If you live in the greater Atlanta area, contact R.S. Andrews today if you need your heat pump repaired. Our trained, caring staff will explain the repairs you need and get you back to enjoying your warm, cozy home in no time.