Spring Maintenance For Your HVAC System
There are a lot of things to love about spring, especially if you’re coming out of a rough winter. As you look at the maintenance items that will prepare your commercial property for spring, you will likely have a long list that includes landscaping, roofing, and more. Does this list include your HVAC system? Proper HVAC maintenance will ensure your system is prepared to keep everyone cool through the coming months.
Scheduling Seasonal Maintenance
Spring maintenance of your HVAC system is a great way to ensure that you will be ready when the hotter months arrive. After a diagnostic test that determines whether your system is at peak capacity, we’ll suggest ways to improve efficiency and air quality. Our seasonal maintenance service also includes:
- Cleaning the condensate drain
- Inspecting the system for loose connections or leaks
- Changing the filter
- Lubricating the pulleys
- Cleaning the fans
- Adjusting the belts
We also take a look at your thermostat to make sure it is running correctly. A measurement of the blower motor’s voltage will help us determine whether the machine is working the way it should.
Maintaining the System on Your Own
Aside from our scheduled seasonal maintenance service, there are some things you can do on your own. This isn’t just something you can do in spring, but all year round. Items include:
- Changing your filter – We can show you where the filter is and how to switch it out for a clean filter each month.
- Cleaning the debris – Any debris around your condenser is going to make the air dirtier. You should clear the area of grass clippings, twigs, leaves, and more.
- Calling for repairs – Any time you notice your system not running properly, you should give us a call. The sooner we handle the repair, the less likely it is to turn into something bigger.