Electricians in Atlanta
When you’re looking for an Atlanta electrician, nothing but the absolute best will suffice. You need a team of professionals that is dependable, skilled, and tuned in to providing you exceptional service across the board. Our certified electricians lead the industry in technical knowledge and training, ensuring you get the attention you need!
Never ask “Where can I find local electrical contractors near me in Atlanta?” again! If you live near Atlanta, GA, R.S. Andrews is the only name you need to know for electrical services. Contact us now!
New Wiring and Electrical Installation in Atlanta
We’ve tailored our electrical services to be all-encompassing so we can be sure to meet your every need and expectation. Look to our residential electrical company in Atlanta for:
- 24-hour emergency electrical services
- Panel replacement
- Electrical installation
- Basic wiring and home electrical repair services
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Service panel upgrades
- Smoke detector and CO detector inspection
- Smoke detector installation
- Surge protection
- Circuit breakers
- Code correction and inspection
- Lighting repair and replacement
- Recessed lighting
- Landscape, security, and flood lighting
- Breaker panel repair
- GFCI outlet installation and repair
- Attic fan installation
- Ceiling fan installation
- Circuit breaker services
- Fuse repair
- Generator installation and maintenance
- Outlets and switches
- Electric car charging station installation
Whether you need electrical repairs, installations, or maintenance, R.S. Andrews can provide! We’ve dedicated ourselves to providing electrical services homeowners can trust, bringing you top quality in both products and skill to ensure your electrical projects are done quickly, efficiently, and perfectly!
Looking for the best electricians in Atlanta? Contact our team today for the answer to all of your electrical needs! You can reach us online or over the phone at 770-913-6412.
Wiring & Electrical Repair in Atlanta
Electricity is a fickle beast and one that requires an electrician with the confidence and knowledge necessary to ensure your repairs go off without a hitch. You can count on our Atlanta electricians for all of your repair needs. Not sure when you may need electrical repairs? Keep an eye out for these sure signs that you need electrical repair:
- Appliances generating unnatural heat. It’s fairly normal for machines and appliances to stay slightly warm during operation, but if you notice electrical equipment getting warmer than usual, or even hot to the touch, there’s likely an issue with your wiring.
- Over-frequent flickering. If you notice a frequent or consistent flicker that doesn’t seem tied to major machinery kicking into action, you may have an issue with your electrical wiring, breaker box, or appliance.
- Sparking. Electrical outlets that spark or sparking coming from fixtures is a sure sign of arcing or a weak ground, both of which should be addressed immediately!
- Burning, charring, or “ozone” smells. If you notice any smell resembling burning coming from your electrical panel or wires, cut power to your home and contact a professional immediately. This is a very serious issue, and should be handled right away!
Contact our electrical repair service company today if you’re experiencing any of the above issues!
Electrical Wiring Services in Atlanta
Part of our personal mission as a business is to provide only the finest quality products for electrical installation or replacement in your home.
Contact our team of Atlanta electricians today for any project you’re planning involving electricity. We’ve handled it all, and guarantee complete satisfaction on all of our electrical work!
Why Choose R.S. Andrews?
You can trust more than just our good word at R.S. Andrews. All of our electrical work comes fully guaranteed, both to provide confidence for you, and as a way to show pride in our work for ourselves. We choose only the finest electricians to provide our consumers with electrical services, choosing based not only on skill and knowledge but on integrity, honesty, and friendliness as well! Choose the electrical service you can trust with R.S. Andrews today.
If you’re looking for a reliable, licensed electrician in Atlanta, contact us online to learn more about how our team can help you or to schedule an appointment for electrical repair or replacement!
Our Expanded Service Area
Not located in Atlanta proper? We serve all cities in the north Atlanta area.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Causes a Light Fixture to Short Out?
Often, it’s heat. Over time, the light fixture’s wiring is exposed to significant heat energy. This can crack the wiring’s insulation and expose the bare metal wires. When this (now uncovered) metal wiring touches the metal electrical box, another nearby exposed wire, or the fixture’s base, you have a short. Sometimes a loose connection or frayed wire causes the short.
Can Water Short an Outlet?
Yes—water exposure quickly increases the live electrical current in the circuit, which will short out and blow the fuse. If there is no fuse, the overheated metal wiring continues heating up and can cause a fire.
Can I DIY Electrical Repairs?
Long ago, a wise person once said, “Electrical current is not something to mess with.” It was probably Ben Franklin, and we can’t argue with his wisdom. There are many reasons why DIY electrical repairs are dangerous. Live wires and electrical current can give you a serious shock or worse. You could be electrocuted, and there is also a fire risk. This puts you, your family, people nearby, and your home/possessions at risk.
If you manage to complete the work without getting hurt, there’s the ongoing concern that anything you’ve done incorrectly can cause a fire later on. Your work will likely not be done to code, and could make the electrical problems in your home much worse, and more costly to repair. DIY electrical work is simply not worth the risk. For your well-being and peace of mind, call in a professional Atlanta electrician to do the job safely—and make sure it’s done right.
Is It Dangerous If a Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping?
It may be annoying when this occurs, but your circuit breaker is a safety measure. It cuts off electrical current when there’s an overload, protecting your home and family from an electrical fire. A repeated circuit overload means that too much electrical power is being drawn through a single circuit. One circuit may be controlling too many outlets and too many things are plugged in. A malfunctioning appliance or an electrical short may also be to blame.
Today’s home electrical needs are much higher than they were even 10 years ago, and the existing wiring configuration in your Atlanta home may not support your household needs. An experienced electrician can diagnose the issue, then upgrade your home’s wiring and/or install a new electrical panel, as needed.
Get electrical repairs and installation done right! Contact R.S. Andrews online today or call 770-913-6412 now.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- What Size Ceiling Fan Do I Need?
- What to Do If Your Vacuum Keeps Tripping Your Circuit Breaker
- Indoor vs. Outdoor Ceiling Fans
- A Guide to Electrical Wires