Is Your Heating System Ready for Fall (and Winter)?
Though it may not feel like it yet in Atlanta, fall is almost upon us, and it’s time to take a look at our home HVAC systems and make sure they’re ready for the cold months ahead.
Your furnace has been out of sight and out of mind all summer while you’ve been worried about staying cool, especially with the record high temperatures that have been scorching the Atlanta area lately, but now is the perfect time to check your furnace and HVAC system to make sure all the components it needs to succeed are functioning optimally. Getting your system the maintenance it needs now will ensure that you’re not faced with the big costs that come with an emergency breakdown in the dead of winter.
The first area of concern you should have as a homeowner is an overall system and safety check. Malfunctioning furnace equipment can result in hazardous conditions being introduced into your home, as broken furnaces are a major source of poisonous carbon monoxide gas and are often fingered as the source of devastating electrical fires.
- comprehensive inspection of all heating elements to ensure their integrity
- testing and tightening of all electrical connections
- confirmation that any and all potentially dangerous gases are being properly vented and are not accumulating inside your home
- cleaning and checking of fans, burners, condensate pans and drain lines
- lubrication of motors and bearings
- thorough inspection of your duct system to ensure you aren’t losing heating energy through improperly closed and insulated ducts, and that the air in your home is circulating correctly to provide efficient heating and air quality is as high as it can be
Getting your heating unit inspected as soon as possible, before cold weather takes hold of the Atlanta area, is your best bet to ensure your system is not losing efficiency and costing you money because of undiscovered defects or problems. Call R.S. Andrews today to schedule HVAC maintenance and you’ll be able to rest assured that your system is receiving the most thorough tune-up in Atlanta, and you’ll be ready no matter what cold weather is in store. Don’t forget, we’re offering several money saving specials all the way through September – can get a full furnace tune up for only $79 if you call before the end of the month!