24/7 Emergency Service Available
All Major Credit Cards Accepted
100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Call today! 770-913-6412

How To Tell If Your Commercial Office Wiring Is A Hazard

According to the National Fire Protection Association, office fires cause around $112 million in damages every year. The causes may surprise you.

Cooking accidents accounted for almost 29 percent of the reported fires, but the damages were often insignificant at best. Fires set intentionally caused almost 20 percent of all reported property damaged, while electrical fires from faulty distribution and lighting equipment came in a close second. How To Tell If Your Commercial Office Wiring Is A Hazard

If you operate a commercial office space, it’s your job to ensure the workplace stays safe. Reducing fire safety risks can take on many forms, but the best place to start is to evaluate these things:

Old Wiring – The best place to start is to consider how old your building’s wiring is. Many commercial properties continue to operate today with original wiring, even though they were built 30, 40, even 50 years ago or more. If your building is several decades old and you’ve never had wiring replaced, now is the time. 

Flickering or Dimming Lights – Your lights are often one of the best indicators you have a potential problem. When a major appliance turns on, do you notice a change in your light source? Because lights are one of the lowest energy users, if they are impacted, it could be a sign you have a problem with your wiring. 

Buzzing Lights and Outlets – Your lighting and outlets should never make noise. If you hear a buzzing coming from the walls, near an outlet, or from a light source, it’s your first indication you have an electrical problem. 

Tripping Breakers – Just like in your home environment, breakers are designed to shut off in the event of overload. If you notice breakers shutting down on a more frequent basis, it could be a sign you have a wiring problem. 

Smoking or Melted Outlets – Have you ever plugged in a piece of equipment and noticed a burning smell? Or noticed a puff of smoke when you turn on a switch? Outlets should never give off heat; if they do, it’s time to call in an electrician. 

The best way to prevent future problems is by taking action sooner rather than later. If you have an older building and you haven’t had the wiring inspected in a while, take precautions and have it checked out by an electrician today. Safeguarding your employees and your bottom line in the process. 

See Our Coupons & Specials!

Local Reviews

RS Andrews Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 452 customer reviews