Plumbing Maintenance in Atlanta, GA
As a homeowner, you know that when it comes to saving yourself stress and cash on your home’s major systems, maintenance is necessary. Regular plumbing maintenance will help prevent costly or emergency repairs down the road. Below are a few tips to take the guesswork and stress out of maintaining your plumbing system.
Did you know that there are a few best practices you can follow for each season of the year?
Cold Weather Plumbing Basics
- To ensure proper drainage when water freezes and thaws in the colder months, clean your outdoor gutters.
- Keep your pipes from freezing by insulating them in garages and crawl spaces.
- Take care of leaky faucets before freezing temperatures arrive to avoid major cracks when pipes freeze or water pressure rises.
- To prevent pipes from bursting, let faucets drip during extremely cold weather.
Warm Weather Plumbing Basics
- Clear out any bird nests in plumbing vent pipes.
- Prevent drain clogs by making sure your drains have strainers that prevent debris from building up.
- Check your cabinets for water damage to find unseen leaks.
- Make sure your home does not have standing water by checking for excessively wet spots in your yard.
If you follow these steps and think you may have a leak, clog, or other plumbing problem, don’t hesitate to contact the plumbing contractors at R.S. Andrews! We service all of Metro Atlanta and will help guide you with up-front pricing and even more money-saving tips!
Our #1 Plumbing Maintenance Tip: Maintain your Home’s Plumbing System with an Annual Smiley’s Clean Pipes Tune-Up!
While there are some things you can safely do as a homeowner to protect the health of your plumbing system, plumbers are certified for a reason: They have to learn a lot, and what they do can have a huge impact on your home! When it comes to in-depth plumbing problems and maintenance, it’s best to leave the work to a professional.
R.S. Andrews offers an assessment that includes over 50 steps that are designed to ensure a completely thorough diagnostic review of your home’s plumbing system, including the condition of equipment and pipes and attention to what parameters can be adjusted to increase efficiency and make operation as trouble-free as possible. This is also an opportunity for you as a homeowner to gain a better understanding of how your system works, learn where the emergency shutoff points are and how they work, and get overall practical advice from a professional plumbing contractor.
Some of the highlights in the tune-up include:
- Pipe Check – Our plumbing contractors check for evidence of leaks in pipes that are exposed, and points where pipes run through walls and into the foundation of your home.
- Water Pressure Test – Water pressure that is lower or higher than the optimal range for your system can lead to serious plumbing problems but can be solved easily if caught before they have a chance to worsen.
- Low pressure can indicate limescale or sediment buildup, or an obstruction or other problems in the main water line.
- Excessive water pressure is the most common reason for plumbing systems to break down. High pressure can cause leaks in showers, toilets and seats that aren’t easily noticeable to the naked eye. It can also cause water heater failure and extra wear and tear on your fixtures.
- Water Quality Test
- Safety Survey
- Early Warning Sign Detection
- Drainage Speed Check – Healthy drains should have a full swirl when draining; slow drainage usually indicates a blocked pipe or clog in the drain.
- Bio Clean Environmentally Safe Flush of the Main Drain Line
- Full Toilet Inspection – including checking of the flushing handle, checking of the parts inside the tank to make sure nothing is rusted, broken or missing, and making sure the toilet is flushing correctly and there are no leaks or signs of water on the floor around the toilet.
- Cracked Tile Check – We check for cracked tiles in the shower and around sinks or near water pipes in your home, all of which are indications of possible leaks under the area where the tile is located.
- Full Water Heater Inspection – including checking for rust inside the burner chamber, and ensuring that the flame is a blue color with no signs of yellow.
- Faucets Check – to ensure water flow and pressure are effectively calibrated for the entire house and there are no leaks from handles or valves.
- Hose Check – To ensure the hoses that supply water to the washing machine aren’t brittle, cracked or leaking.
Addressing all these areas on a regular basis will help you find problems before they have a chance to worsen, making fixing them much easier and cheaper than it could be down the road. This definitely makes calling R.S. Andrews to schedule an annual Smiley Clean Pipes Tune-Up money well spent!
The tune-up may not fix all of your problems, as some issues that appear minor may actually require the purchase of costly parts or significant skilled labor to complete, so some repairs may be explained and offered as a separate repair.
Because our technicians are so highly trained and certified, and because we believe in doing the right thing for our customers, we stand behind all of our products and services and guarantee our work, 100%. If something isn’t done correctly, we’ll fix it at no extra charge. Our team’s goal is always satisfaction and smiles for our customers.
With our A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, our long list of reviews from satisfied customers, and our responsive, reliable management team, it’s easy to see why R.S. Andrews is the plumbing company Atlanta trusts!
If you need help with your home’s plumbing maintenance, contact R.S. Andrews now!
Our Plumbing Maintenance Service Area
We provide plumbing maintenance service to Atlanta and the surrounding communities, including: Acworth, Alpharetta, Austell, Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Buford, Chamblee, Clarkston, Conyers, Cumming, Dacula, Decatur, Doraville, Douglasville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Fayetteville, Forest Park, Grayson, Holly Springs, Johns Creek, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Lithonia, Loganville, Marietta, Milton, Morrow, Norcross, Peach Tree City, Pine Lake, Powder Springs, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Snellville, Stone Mountain, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, and Woodstock, GA.