Do You Need A Sump Pump Backup in Atlanta?
Here in Atlanta, our weather often turns violent quickly, dumping a lot of water in a very short period of time. Not only can this wild weather leave devastation in its path, but it can also leave a huge mess in our homes as well.
Depending on where you live, you may require a sump pump to keep your basement or crawl space safe and dry. And while a sump pump may not be the most thought about appliance you’ll own, it is one of the most important to help you avoid a potential disaster.
Without a sump pump, thousands of dollars in damage can happen in an instant. This means time out of your busy days getting your home repaired, and the possibility of rising insurance premiums for years to come.
A sump pump makes sense to keep your Atlanta home safe and dry.
But a sump pump only adds protection if it’s in good working condition. And because they are mechanical appliances that age and wear just like other fixtures in your home, they can fail because:
- You have a power outage in your area
- The electricity supply is cut off
- The sump pump is too small to handle the amount of water in your home
- The sump pump isn’t working at peak performance and dies before completing the job
- The motor burns out
To ensure your sump pump works when you need it most, you can do one of two things.
1. Ensure the sump pump in your home is properly sized for your needs. Ensure the pump is at least the capacity of your existing pump, upgrading if you’ve noticed it has had problems in the past.
2. Ensure you have a backup system in place. This means having a sump pump system in place that works whether you have electricity in place or not. Backup pump systems come with battery backup, water powered backup, or generator powered backup. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages; it’s important to pick a back up system based on your needs.
Both your sump pump and your backup system should provide safety features to let you know if your system has failed. Some have local alarms that sound when the water reaches the top of the sump basket. Others have an automated sump pump process and will send you a verbal or text message if the sump pump has problems. Technology can help you avoid problems by alerting you whether you are home or not, allowing you to get help as quickly as possible.
Call R.S. Andrews to Install a Sump Pump in Your Atlanta Home
Is your Atlanta home ready for the summer storms? If not, call R.S. Andrews!